Ms. Michelle Higdon has 17 years of experience in the management of branded consumer packaged goods and has spent her career leading management teams through strategic sales and operations growth.
Michelle is the former CEO of Solid Gold Pet, LLC, the leader in holistic pet nutrition where she was charged with putting together a strategic growth plan and reviving this 40 year old brand. Additionally, Michelle was former President and COO of Waggin’ Train natural dog treats. In this role she was directly responsible for building a strategy and team that achieved over a three year period 50% CAGR in EBITDA and 35% CAGR in Net Sales.
She has been in the pet industry for more than 10 years and prior to that learned the consumer packaged goods industry by working with a locally founded cleaning products brand, Greased Lightning. She started at an entry level position and worked her way up to VP of Marketing and then President of the division for Bio Labs, Inc.
Michelle received her BS in Food and Resource Economics from the University of Florida. She is on the Boards for the Spiro Institute for Entrepreneurial Leadership at Clemson University and Abraham Baldwin Agriculture College Foundation.
- Executive Chairman, Jones Naturals
- CEO / President, Solid Gold Pet
- President, COO Waggin’ Train
- President, UltraPet Company
- VP Marketing, A&M Cleaning Products
- University of Florida, BS Food & Resource Economics
- Clemson University Spiro Institute, Advisory Board
- Abraham Baldwin Agricultural College Foundation Board, Trustee
- Atlas Organics, Board Member